Friday, July 29, 2022

Final Reflection for 5391 Digital Technology for the School Librarian

Final Send-Off! 

This course has been an amazing experience all the way around! I have been able to dive deeper into some technology that I felt familiar with, experience frustrations, and enjoy learning new programs and apps out there.

Most programs were fun to learn to navigate and get accustomed to. There are quite a few that I plan to bring back to my campus. However, with that being said, sometimes I feel like educators are overwhelmed with too many options at once. 

Some of my favorite ones were exploring social media, using videos and QR codes in the classroom, and creating infographics. I felt like each of these really was user-friendly and allowed for quite a bit of usability without having to pay a fee. 

One that was most difficult for me was the comics and cartoons assignment for me. I just could not get things the way I wanted them and where I wanted them correctly.

I think the one that would benefit students the most, as well as staff, is the use of creating infographics. There are endless possibilities to use infographics and I feel like our students are in that technology era where they would blossom by showing their knowledge via an infographic versus a research paper. 

For my final evaluation of a new digital resource that I haven't used, I decided to go with Book Creator to show some highlights from this semester. 

Book Creator

This was such a fun site! I signed up for the free limited account, which still gave me access to so much. It was easy to use and you can choose from templates or themes already created to make life even easier. 

I loved being able to quickly edit images or text by simply right-clicking versus having to locate a tool. There were a lot of fonts to choose from and images to pick from. There is also a Book Creator Team chat option that is available to get help when needed, even on the free account. 

One of my favorite items was the easy use of adding audio anywhere on the page!  Feel free to create your own book at https://bookcreator.com/

Please enjoy the short book that I created using text, images, clipart, and audio reviewing my thoughts about this semester.

https://read.bookcreator.com/UThrx9w6TLYEkSaqAXXX1HnTHar1/AP0jKrJ1RTujCqqZt87smA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year Long - Reading for Enjoyment

  Year Long - Reading for Enjoyment Grade Level : 6th - 8th  Standard(s) : AASL A.V.1 - Reading widely and deeply in multiple formats and wr...